This fantastic simple Carrot Cake recipe has been designed by our Head Chef for C&E, Andy McCarthy
- 325ml of Vegetable Oil
- 425g of Soft Brown Sugar
- 300g of Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 10g of Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- 110g of Walnuts
- 375g of Carrots, grated
- 1 Orange, juiced and zested
- To begin the cake, toast the walnuts on a baking sheet in the oven, then roughly chop. Set to one side.
- Next cream together the oil and brown sugar in a large bowl, using an electric whisk.
- Sieve in the flour, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and stir gently until well blended.
- Fold the finely grated carrot, orange zest and chopped walnuts into the cake mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into a large, shallow baking tin and cook the cake for about 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before turning out and leave to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, to make the icing, beat the softened butter together with the cream cheese using a food mixer. Gradually add the icing sugar and the orange juice and beat until well blended. Chill until ready to use.
- Put the icing into a piping bag and garnish as desired.