Denise, our Kitchen Administrator, shares with us her favourite feel good recipe. For those days when you need some great comfort food this recipe is perfect. Using a variety of great cheese and any pasta you have in the kitchen this family favourite is a quick and easy fix.
- 750g macaroni or any pasta
- 3 table spoons of butter
- 3 table spoons of plain flour
- 350ml of milk
- 200g of Cheddar
- 200g of Red Leicester
- 1 large mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Seasoning of choice
- Extra cheese for the top
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Get a large pan and cook your pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Make sure the water you are using is salty (if it water takes like the sea that is just right).
- Whilst pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a separate pan.
- When the butter has melted, mix the plain flour and cook into a golden paste.
- Gradually add milk to the paste, mixing well throughout and add seasoning.
- Add mozzarella and stir well. Repeat with the cheddar and Red Leicester.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water and place in an oven proof dish.
- Mix the cheese sauce with the pasta in the dish and grate cheese on top.
- Place the dish in the pre-heated over for 25-30 minutes.