To celebrate pancake day Andy, our Head Chef for C&E, has put together his favourite pancake recipe. All we can say is YUM! This will make approx. 20 small thick pancakes.
- 200g Pastry Flour
- 30g Sugar
- 20g Malted Milk Powder
- 12g Baking Powder
- 240ml Whole Milk
- 108g Eggs, about 2 whole large eggs
- 60g Butter, melted
Now for the simplest instructions to make the best pancakes ever:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together, then mix with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix otherwise you will get a firm pancake instead of a fluffy pancake.
- Melt the butter then mix into the batter
- Cook in a non-stick pan until golden in colour (Remember the batter will rise in the pan while cooking)
- Add fruit, honey, crème fraiche or anything of your choice on top and eat immediately (we recommend removing from the pan first)!