Josh, our Executive Head Chef, has the perfect no waste recipe for all those budding bakers making the most of the lock down. Usually this would be made on mass for 10 loaves at a time but he has made a smaller more home sized portion. So if your bananas are browning a bit this is the perfect recipe for these waste not want not times! Simple but delicious!
- 320g Bananas – SKINS ON, topped and tailed and frozen overnight
- 146g Butter – melted
- 272g Caster Sugar
- 4ml Vanilla Extract
- 4 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 280g Plain Flour – sifted
- 3g Baking Powder – sifted into the flour
Making the Bread:
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin and set to one side.
- Chop the frozen banana (SKINS ON) and pulse in an electric blender until pureed.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Blitz all the wet ingredients with the banana puree.
- Mix all the dry ingredient in a separate large bowl.
- Fold the banana and wet ingredient mix into the dry mix (ensure all the wet ingredients is scrapped out).
- Pour the batter into the pre-greased loaf tin.
- Put in the oven for 40 mins (test with a skewer, if it comes out clean it is ready).
- Take out of the oven, wait 5 minutes and then turn out to cool.